I am starting to wonder…
Do I Need Addiction Treatment?
Have you ever asked yourself this question? Take the CAGE Test to find out if you should seek help for a substance abuse problem.
The CAGE test is a simple and clinically proven test for identifying if you have an addiction. Take the test below to see if you identify with any of the questions:
- Have you ever wanted to Cut down your drug or alcohol use?
- Do you feel Annoyed when people criticize your drinking or drug use?
- Do you feel Guilty of badly about your drinking or drug use?
- Have you used an Eye-opener by using drugs or alcohol first thing in the morning to steady your nerves or to get rid of a hangover or withdrawal symptoms?
If you answered “no” for any of these questions give yourself a score of 0. If you answered “yes”, give yourself a score of 1. While a score of 2 or greater is clinically significant enough for you to seek substance abuse treatment, a score of 1 indicates that you may be struggling with addiction and should seek help immediately.
Other Telltale Signs You May Need Substance Abuse Treatment
- You use drugs or alcohol for recreational use or to cope with emotional or physical pain
- You combine multiple drugs at a time at increasingly high doses
- You can’t get through the week without using drugs or drinking alcohol
- You’ve had blackouts or flashback as a result of drug use or excessive drinking
- Your drinking or drug use has caused problems in your romantic, friend or family relationships
- Your drug use or drinking has caused significant problems at work or you’ve lost your job
- You have gotten into legal trouble or have been arrested due to possession or use of drugs and excessive alcohol use
- You have developed medical problem due to your drinking an drug use and/or alcoholism
- Your mental health has worsened due to your drug use and/or excessive drinking
Still unsure if treatment is for you, talk to us now! We are available 24/7 online and on the phone. Chat, Email or Call Today.