My Drug Addiction Has Taken Over My Life.
Am I a Drug Addict?
You may have begun experimenting with drugs to feel better, perform better or because you were curious or even bored. However, overtime, your experimentation may have developed into dependence and you began abusing more and more drugs at higher doses, and maybe even combined your drug use.
Because of your drug use, you may have noticed some of the following changes in your behavior, such as:
- Neglecting responsibilities at work/home
- Increasing risk-seeking behavior while high
- Causing distress in relationships
- Getting in trouble with the law
- Spending money or stealing to get drugs
- Hiding and lying about your drug abuse
If you think you have a drug problem or if you are concerned that a family member and/or friend might be abusing drugs, then call us at (866) 295-6003. Get help today, our admissions counselors are available to help 24/7.
What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Drug Addiction?
The physical and psychological changes of drug addiction are more noticeable as drug use occurs over time. Drug addiction alters the chemistry in your brain. You may be noticing some of the following signs of drug addiction:
Physical Effects of Drug Addiction
- Long periods without sleeping or eating
- Rapid weight loss or weight gain
- Bloodshot eyes and pupils larger than usual
- Slurred speech and impaired coordination
- Muscle spasms, tremors or seizures
Psychological Effects of Drug Addiction
- Depression, anxiety, and panic attacks
- Sudden mood swings and angry outbursts
- Paranoia and fear for no reason
- Suicidal thoughts or attempts
The above are just some of the physical and psychological signs of drug addiction. If you’ve experienced any of the above, you can safely detox from drugs at our accredited drug facility.
Do I have a Drug Problem?
It takes great courage to be truthful with yourself and face the facts. To find the answers you are looking for, take a few moments to ask yourself the following questions:
1) Have you tried to quit using drugs but failed?
2) Have you experienced uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms after stopping use?
3) Have you abused more than one drug at a time?
4) Do you use illegal drug or prescription drugs non-medically on a regular basis?
5) Do you use drugs to relieve stress or when you are depressed?
6) Do most of the people in your life use drugs on a regular basis?
7) Do you have overwhelming feeling of guilt or shame for abusing drugs?
8) Do you get angry or annoyed at others who try to confront your drug use?
9) Do you find yourself abusing drugs within an hour of waking up?
10) Do you suffer from poor health problems due to your drug use?
11) Have you had one or more run-in with the law due to support your drug use?
12) Have you lost your job due to our drug use?
If you answered yes to three or more of the questions above, you or someone you know may need addiction treatment. For a confidential chat with one of our admissions counselors, call (866) 295-6003. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Conquer Drug Addiction with Expert Recovery Services
It’s never too late to get the help you need for your drug addiction. Our board-certified staff will be with you every step of the way with 24-hour support.
After you begin your detox from drugs, our experienced licensed therapists will help get down to the root of your drug addiction. Through a variety of programs and services, we will provide you constant support as you transition into a new life without alcohol and drugs.
Take Control Over Your Drug Addiction
Call Today to Begin Your Recovery: (866) 295-6003